Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Preface

I often used to watch movies and be happy about the heroes and heroines hating each other initially, then falling in love, and fighting from the vilians for their love and winning the battle at last. Little did I knew that most often than not, the person you love; hardly you get the love of the same person back to you.


We all have some or the other time regretted that had I accepted the love of that odd person, life would have been diferent. But the point remains how often we end up realizing the right person's love at the right time.


20 years back, when I was not knowing about the word love even leave apart its meaning, I fell in love for the first time. Since then this most beautiful feeling in the world has struck me several times, and each time I felt myself portraying the character of Raj Kapur in Mera Naam Joker.


I saw this movie first time when I was eight years old, and found it just an okay movie; even a bit lengthy. Saw the movie again when I was 16, and was able to connect with the mentality of a teenager who wants to live his own dreams. Then came age 22, when I watched it for the third time and realized the maturity of Raj Kapur's thoughts and the underlying pain which he went through which was portayed in the movie artistically.


Its only then whenI decided to pay a tribute to this eternal movie through my own novel, and my endless journey thus begun with a new meaning thereafter.


This book not only discloses the inner layers of human emotions, but also exposes those several smaller moments when our soft feelings get crushed unknowingly; but such moments remain unsaid, unexposed because the moments are very small. Remember only such moments or incidents are small, not their impact or outcome.


I remember one such incident. Once an old friend of mine* called me up after a very long time saying that its a long gap and she would like to have dinner with me at some XYZ restaurant. Hearing this, the whole day I was busy planning about the restaurant where we would go. I quickly finished my day's work and left home a bit early. Since I was meeting her after a long time, while returning I bought a gift which I knew she liked the most. After coming back home, the next hour was completely dedicated to plan for the dress I would be wearing. I was all set to leave, when I got a call from her that she is going somewhere else and we will meet up some other time. Now remember the incident from her point of view is very small, but the impact?? Well, only you all can decide.


This book is not just a book for me. For me, its an effort to re-unite the thing called "Love".

No comments:

Post a Comment