Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 20, 2012

The agony of being "Sachin Tendulkar"


Hi Everyone,

This is Tendulkar - Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar.

You all can hate me or love me, but can't ignore me. I am the most selfish person on this earth. Each time I make a century, its always added to my personal records, and not to the country's records. I always make centuries for my own personal records, and if I don't make centuries, I am playing for that elusive century only.

I am confused what to do. I am confused who will be playing at No.4 in tests even at half of my potential if I retire. India has not been able to find a suitable replacement for Ganguly in last 3 years. Each time, I make a 30-40 score, it's a failure, while for others its a platform to perform better.

Some say, I play for money. True, in the last 22 years, I have not had enough money to keep with me, and that's why money is the single factor keeping me alive and focused in the game. Who cares to play for national pride, who cares to feel that pride of wearing Indian cap. Huh, me...Not at all...I play for money,which I could have earned just sitting idle also.

Still I chose to toil hard, and earn more money. I am totally mad or foolish I guess.

What people fail to understand is that I play for my sheer affection towards the game, towards the game of cricket, as long as I am able to do so. Probably for me, the most prestigious moment would have been to die while playing for the country. Alas, that's not possible. But I still wish to contribute as long as my body allows to do so.

Keep your hands to heart, and honestly tell me how many of u feel like closing your TV sets, when I am dismissed. How many of you will still watch cricket with the same interest when I retire.

Yours Selfish and Greedy,
Sachin
Oops, Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar

No comments:

Post a Comment