Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I saw a dream...



When I was 5, I saw you first
Your twinkling eyes
with a lot of questions inside
My heart skipped a bit
And I got an innocent hit
I still remember that your nose was blowing
While my imaginations were flowing
What was the feeling I am not sure
But whatever it was, there was no cure

Then came the age 10, When I met you again,
I saw you getting drenched in rain,
I still remember your sweet smile
When I gave you my umbrella, and asked your name

Don't know why I could not speak,
When you were shifting to some different place
I knew my love is stronger,
Just life was going at its own pace

I saw you again when I was 20
And in my life there were not friends in plenty
I got mesmerized for a while when you stepped out from the bus
I was so happy that you still remember us

But as life has some different plans always
You broke down the news of your marriage that day
Everyone was so happy and excited
My pain I could not even say
I knew every height has a slope
Still when you were going my heart had a distant hope
Somewhere far the sun was setting
Deep inside my heart was weeping

But I was happy as you were too
I always loved you, without telling YOU
May be it was my own fault
But then every damn life needs a halt

You might be enjoying
The tiny droplets this monsoon
For me it brings your long forgotten memories
And suddenly I feel all alone

A strange feeling creeps beside
My heart weeps inside
Wish you were here to feel it
Wish you were here to heal it

My fault was just that I saw a dream
And life without you has now no sheen
Now when I see, I am all alone
My heart can simply not accept any one
You still remain my tender love
And I am now just a trapped wing dove...

2 comments:

  1. That is quite a tale you have told. I liked the imageries you have evoked that render depth and meaning to your poem.Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Umashankar! Somehow tried to portray the pain of un-relinquished love through easy flowing simple lines.

    ReplyDelete